UPDATES FROM FORT WILLIAM COUNTRY CLUB
We trust you have been staying well amidst everything going on around us. We are eagerly anticipating the opportunity to get back on the links. We have been diligently working behind the scenes to make extensive changes to our operation that will allow for a safe, enjoyable and comforting round of golf when the time is right. The health and safety of our customers and staff is of top priority to us, and we are here to provide ongoing updates as to what is happening at FWCC.
The information below is designed to give a clear outlook as to what you can expect when you play a round of golf with us. We will be uploading video tutorials once we are set to open on where to go when you arrive, how the course has changed for your round, cart sanitation procedures, and much more. Stay tuned!
Social distancing of 2m/6ft is required AT ALL TIMES while on the property. This includes the parking lot, pro shop, golf carts, all areas of the golf course – especially tee boxes and greens.
Provincial guidelines, legislation and fines apply while on the property, and must be strictly adhered to. Anyone failing to comply with social distancing, or any of the policies listed below, will be subject to being removed from the facility and further banned until all such policies have been lifted.
We thank you very much for assisting in making yours and everyone else’s round a safe and enjoyable experience. We will continue to alter the above policies as required, and will provide updates when available.
Stay safe, stay healthy and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Staff & Management at Fort William Golf and Country Club
FACILITY & OPERATIONAL CHANGES
- Clubhouse will have limited access to start the season, however we will have take away food available in the restaurant and access to the hallway washroom which is now unisex and the ladies restroom. The locker rooms will be closed to start the season. Checking in will be required at the Pro Shop.
- Only the three washrooms on the course will be available on the entire property (behind #1 tee box, hole #12 at the green and #4 tee box).
- Only one group, 4 person will be allowed in the pro shop at a time but must social distance.
- No club storage to start the season.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the pro shop, as well as the clubhouse hallway.
- An outdoor area to wash and sanitize carts has been identified to ensure every cart is properly cleaned and disinfected before issued to another customer.
- Tee times will be at 12 minutes intervals (previously 9 minutes) to ensure proper spacing on the golf course and reduce the amount of traffic on the property.
- Both the driving range and putting green will be closed to start the season.
- Cash will NO LONGER be accepted for payment. Only debit and credit cards can be used to start the season. Please consider paying online and/or paying over the phone prior to arriving at the course.
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE AT THE GOLF COURSE
- Due to limited tee times, players are encouraged to have a tee time before arriving at the golf course.
- Take advantage of online and/or call-in payments for your golf.
- Ensure that you do not have COVID-19 related symptoms, haven’t left the province within the last 14 days, and haven’t come in contact with anyone that may have COVID-19. If any of these situations apply to you, STAY HOME.
UPON ARRIVAL AT THE GOLF COURSE
- Golfers will no longer be able to take a golf cart to the parking lot. A Bag drop will be available. Please wait to be assigned a cart by a staff member. Only one golfer will be allowed on each cart, with the exception being if you arrived at the course together. ie: – a husband and wife will be allowed to ride in the same cart.
- Large signage will greet you as you walk towards the clubhouse with instructions as to how to check-in and proceed with your round.
- Only your group will be allowed in the Pro Shop (up to 4 players), please ensure the group before has left before entering.
- All golfers must use the hand sanitizer station upon entering the Pro Shop.
- Follow the arrows once in the Pro Shop to safely check-in while still maintaining social distancing measures.
- Please ensure the group in front of you has left the 1st tee box before making your way there. All groups must wait until their assigned tee time (12 minute intervals), NO EXCEPTIONS.
AFTER YOUR ROUND OF GOLF
- Maintain proper social distancing of 2m/6ft while unloading at the bag drop.
- Return your golf cart to the appropriate area (follow the signage) so it can be properly cleaned and sanitized.
- All refuse is to be taken home with you, do not leave garbage in the cart for the staff to clean up.
- No congregating in the parking lot allowed. Please exit the facility upon returning your cart.
CHANGES TO YOUR GOLFING EXPERIENCE
- Social distancing of 2m/6ft must be maintained at ALL TIMES. this includes keeping your distance with all course maintenance staff.
- All high-touch areas have been removed – benches, ball washers, and bunker rakes.
- Handshakes, high fives and any other touching gesture are not permitted before, during and after your round.
- Golfers are to take all of their own refuse home with them, do not leave garbage in the carts. limited garbage cans will be available on the property.
- Only touch your own personal items – this includes golf balls, clubs and golf bags.
- Flag poles are to remain in the hole AT ALL TIMES. Spacers have been added to the cups so that you can easily remove your ball without touching anything else.
- You may pick up your ball when in a bunker to either improve your lie with your foot, or to play the ball from outside the bunker.
Beverage carts will be on the golf course weather permitting. Debit, credit and “on-account” payment will be available, cash will not be accepted.