UPDATES FROM FORT WILLIAM COUNTRY CLUB
We trust you have been staying well amidst everything going on around us.? We are now well into our season and have been able to offer our members and nonmembers a spectacular golfing experience, while continuing to adapt through various phases of operational change. We have been diligently working behind the scenes to make extensive allowable adjustments to our operation that allow for a safe, enjoyable, and comforting round of golf. The health and safety of our customers and staff is of top priority to us, and we are here to provide ongoing updates as to what is happening at FWCC.
The information below is designed to give a clear outlook as to what you can expect when you play a round of golf with us or visit our clubhouse. We will continue to update on our policies and procedures for play, our sanitization protocols and focus on public health and safety. Stay tuned!
Social distancing of 2m/6ft is ALWAYS required while on the property. This includes the parking lot, pro shop, golf carts, all areas of the golf course – especially tee boxes and greens.
Provincial guidelines, legislation and fines apply while on the property, and must be strictly adhered to.?Anyone failing to comply with social distancing, or any of the policies listed below, will be subject to being removed from the facility and further banned until all such policies have been lifted.
We thank you very much for assisting in making yours and everyone else’s round a safe and enjoyable experience. We will continue to alter the above policies as required and will provide updates when available.
Stay safe, stay healthy and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Staff & Management at Fort William Golf and Country Club
FACILITY & OPERATIONAL CHANGES
- Clubhouse is accessible for use of washrooms, locker rooms and limited in-house dining. As per District Health guidelines and provincial requirements, masks must be worn when entering the Clubhouse and Pro shop. Checking in will be required at the Pro Shop.
- Only one group of 4 persons will be allowed in the pro shop at a time but must socially distance.
- Club storage is now available.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the pro shop, as well as the clubhouse hallway.
- An outdoor area to wash and sanitize carts has been identified to ensure every cart is properly cleaned and disinfected before issued to another customer.
- Tee times are now returned to 9-minute intervals to ensure proper spacing on the golf course.
- The driving range and putting green are open for use.?
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE AT THE GOLF COURSE
- Due to limited tee times, players are encouraged to have a tee time before arriving at the golf course.
- Take advantage of online and/or call-in payments for your golf.
- Ensure that you do not have COVID-19 related symptoms, have not left the Country within the last 14 days, and have not come in contact with anyone that may have COVID-19. If any of these situations apply to you, STAY HOME.
UPON ARRIVAL AT THE GOLF COURSE
- Golfers will no longer be able to take a golf cart to the parking lot. A Bag drop will be available. Please wait to be assigned a cart by a staff member. Only one golfer will be allowed on each cart, with the exception being if you arrived at the course together.
- Large signage will greet you as you walk towards the clubhouse with instructions as to how to check-in and proceed with your round.
- Only your group will be allowed in the Pro Shop (up to 4 players), please ensure the group before has left before entering.
- All golfers must wear a mask and use the hand sanitizer station upon entering the Pro Shop.
- Follow the arrows once in the Pro Shop to safely check-in while still maintaining social distancing measures.
- Please ensure the group in front of you has left the 1st tee box before making your way there. All groups must wait until their assigned tee time (9 minute intervals), NO EXCEPTIONS.
AFTER YOUR ROUND OF GOLF
- Maintain proper social distancing of 2m/6ft while unloading at the bag drop.
- Return your golf cart to the appropriate area (follow the signage) so it can be properly cleaned and sanitized.
- All refuse is to be taken home with you, do not leave garbage in the cart for the staff to clean up.
- No congregating in the parking lot allowed. Please exit the facility upon returning your cart.
CHANGES TO YOUR GOLFING EXPERIENCE
- Social distancing of 2m/6ft must ALWAYS be maintained. this includes keeping your distance with all course maintenance staff.
- All high-touch areas have been removed – benches, ball washers, and bunker rakes.
- Handshakes, high fives, and any other touching gesture are not permitted before, during and after your round.
- Golfers are to dispose of garbage from their cart. Do not leave garbage in the carts. Garbage cans will be available on the property.
- Only touch your own personal items – this includes golf balls, clubs, and golf bags.
- Flag poles are ALWAYS to remain in the hole. Spacers have been added to the cups so that you can easily remove your ball without touching anything else.
- You may pick up your ball when in a bunker to either improve your lie with your foot, or to play the ball from outside the bunker.
Beverage carts will be on the golf course weather permitting. All forms of payment will be accepted. (Debt, Visa, MC, “On Account” and Cash)